A secured credit card is a card in which you make a deposit against the credit limit of the card. It is a good way to build your credit if you have a low credit score and cannot get approved for regular cards. One type of secured card available is the First Progress Platinum Select MasterCard® . This is an excellent card to have if you need to establish credit or if you need to raise your credit score. Synovus Bank issues this card, and it will report to all three of the credit bureaus. In order to apply for this card, you must be a citizen of the United States; however, the card is not available in several states.
• Receive Your Card More Quickly with New Expedited Processing Option
• No Credit History or Minimum Credit Score Required for Approval
• Quick and Complete Online Application
• Full-Feature Platinum MasterCard(R) Secured Credit Card
• Good for Car Rental, Hotels; Anywhere Credit Cards are Accepted!
• Monthly Reporting to all 3 Major Credit Bureaus to Establish Credit History
• Credit Line Secured by Your Fully-Refundable Deposit of $300 — $2,000 Submitted with Application
• Just Pay Off Your Balance and Receive Your Deposit Back at Any Time
• 24/7 Online Access to Your Account
• Nationwide Program though not yet available in NY, IA, AR, or WI
The card does require that you pay an annual fee of $39. There is no penalty rate, and you will have a 25 day grace period, so it will be easy to make payments on time. If you make a payment beyond the grace period, you will be charged $35. The company will charge you $10 to make a payment by phone. Your deposit must be at least $300, and it cannot exceed $2000. Your credit limit will be the same as your deposit amount. If you are a loyal and responsible customer, the company might choose to increase your credit limit.
Before applying for this card, you need to read the terms and agreement very carefully. Make sure you understand the fees involved and the features of this card. You can be approved for this card even if you have bad credit. In some cases, they will not perform a hard credit check, and you do not need to have a minimum credit score before being approved for a card. After applying for the card, it can take a few weeks to get approved.
The card does not allow balance transfers, so you will not be able to transfer another balance. After you apply for a card, the money will be automatically withdrawn from your checking account within 24 hours. You can then begin using your card. Keep in mind that it can take up to 10 days for a payment to go through, so make sure you do not exceed your limit. When you pay off your balance, you can receive your deposit back any time you wish.